My son has sensory problems
My 5 year old son has sensory problems. What kind of exercises does my child needs to do when he is 'sensory defensive'? I want to exercise at home with him.
O.k, some of the symptoms he has are the following:
- cannot sit still
- hates brushing teeth and hair
- hates wearing shoes and socks
- sometimes hates wearing underwear
- struggles to concentrate
- very busy
- talks louder and louder when there's noise around him - also gets more busy when noise is louder
- when I want him to wear a vest under his clothes and it has been washed regularly, now having little wool on, he refuses to wear it
- gets irritated quickly and easily
- hates to struggle
- does not like to search for anything
- starts playing with one thing and when he sees something else, he does not finish the task he started with
- he can play roughly with other children and his dad, but someone mustn't play roughly with him or he cries easily
- struggles to eat breakfast in the morning - but doesn't complain about eating foods like corn etc.
- he walks around now with feelings of negativity that he is no good because his previous school labeled him as naughty - we are really struggling with this part
I took him to a occupational therapist a while back - she confirmed his problem. I just cannot afford the sessions and want to help him at home with exercises.
Can anyone assist me? I can really see he's struggling.
20% Off! Back To School Sale!
Get 20% off the Mega Motor Bundle when you use this discount code at checkout!
Don't forget to "update cart" after adding the discount code!
View a description of the Mega Motor Bundle here.
Offer ends on 31 August 2017!
Was this page helpful?
Please like my page and let your friends know!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Then do a search on my site!