My son has sensory problems
My 5 year old son has sensory problems. What kind of exercises does my child needs to do when he is 'sensory defensive'? I want to exercise at home with him.
O.k, some of the symptoms he has are the following:
- cannot sit still
- hates brushing teeth and hair
- hates wearing shoes and socks
- sometimes hates wearing underwear
- struggles to concentrate
- very busy
- talks louder and louder when there's noise around him - also gets more busy when noise is louder
- when I want him to wear a vest under his clothes and it has been washed regularly, now having little wool on, he refuses to wear it
- gets irritated quickly and easily
- hates to struggle
- does not like to search for anything
- starts playing with one thing and when he sees something else, he does not finish the task he started with
- he can play roughly with other children and his dad, but someone mustn't play roughly with him or he cries easily
- struggles to eat breakfast in the morning - but doesn't complain about eating foods like corn etc.
- he walks around now with feelings of negativity that he is no good because his previous school labeled him as naughty - we are really struggling with this part
I took him to a occupational therapist a while back - she confirmed his problem. I just cannot afford the sessions and want to help him at home with exercises.
Can anyone assist me? I can really see he's struggling.
Was this page helpful?
Please like my page and let your friends know!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Then do a search on my site!
Get your Christmas Bonus Deal!
Get 15% Discount on the Mega Motor Bundle
A free copy of Christmas Cutting Activities (worth $3.50).
Just enter the coupon code below at check-out to get your discount with the free e-book!
Don't forget to "update cart" after adding the discount code!
View the deal here... or read a description of all my e-books first.
Offer ends on 31 Dec 2017.
Back to Top